Protecting Your Money

9 minutes ago, jack said:

Where did I say I was "so good at quoting"? When someone takes the piss to the extent that these guys did, you won't find me going back for a second helping. There're almost no materials in the quote - I already had all fixtures and fittings except for the fibreglass and the glass itself, and this was made clear when I asked for the quote. 

More expensive than what? The balconies are 10m2 in total (6x1 + 4x1), so that's a grand for your guy to do it. That leaves £9k for these other blokes to bolt (supplied) aluminium extrusions to the house using supplied fixings, then install some glass.

I've done the OSB myself. It took less than a day working completely alone. I'll let you know how long the rest of it takes me once I finish, but I can tell you now I won't have spent 10 working days on it by the time I'm done. 

12 minutes ago, jack said:

Where did I say I was "so good at quoting"? When someone takes the piss to the extent that these guys did, you won't find me going back for a second helping. There're almost no materials in the quote - I already had all fixtures and fittings except for the fibreglass and the glass itself, and this was made clear when I asked for the quote. 

More expensive than what? The balconies are 10m2 in total (6x1 + 4x1), so that's a grand for your guy to do it. That leaves £9k for these other blokes to bolt (supplied) aluminium extrusions to the house using supplied fixings, then install some glass.

I've done the OSB myself. It took less than a day working completely alone. I'll let you know how long the rest of it takes me once I finish, but I can tell you now I won't have spent 10 working days on it by the time I'm done. 

osb +grp i hope 

my man would not fit any decking unless he could do grp same day 

9 minutes ago, scottishjohn said:

osb +grp i hope 

my man would not fit any decking unless he could do grp same day 

I cut it and fit it, but then the weather changed so couldn't glass it. I've therefore taken it up again and stored it inside. Once the weather is right, I'll put it back down and glass on the same day.