EverHopefull

Land mapping

Has anyone any experience with www.ukmapcentre.com and the type of Land Registry Compliant map "packs" they offer?

I am applying for an Adverse Possession on some land that has been occupied for 40+ years and have been assembling my artillery for the process. This includes written statements from neighbours, family of such, photographs of area over the years and even Google Earth historic images believe it or not.

I have just come across the offering from www.ukmapcentre.com and I am surprised to see that the parcel of land I am AP of is actually shown as part of the actual plot already.

I am not sure where the data for there mapping originates from but the quote that there maps are Land Registry Compliant and Council Compliant has boosted my mind set a little.

Have any of you guys used the maps for any similar purpose or know how much weight they may carry to an AP application process as another supporting item.

I am aware that an AP application is a one hit process so I am trying to build a watertight arguement.

What does the actual land registry say about the bit of land?  I thought these third part mapping companies bought their data from the LR?

There is a procedure in Scotland known as a P16 report, may be different in England, to identify land ownership.  We went through this when buying our plot as the title was far from clear.  It identified slight boundary discrepancies, but it also identified a bit of unregistered land between us and a neighbour, most of which was already enclosed within his garden fence.  In this case the neighbour would almost certainly win an AP claim as it has been fenced like that for at least 15 years.  It was irrelevant to us so we didn't even try and contest who owned it.  but my point is, a similar search may show it is already in your ownership?

I would have thought that it'd be worth just paying the modest fee and downloading the actual Land Registry Title Plan.  I did this for a couple of plots were were seriously interested in, as it was pretty cheap, at just £3 for the plan and another £3 for the registry entry: https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/eservices/FindAProperty/view/MapEnquiryInit.do;jsessionid=Xt1S-VgSR35Q7LO1xcHDjIQAn4wz2t2x1d89gfbL.3e9f3040:frontend-web-0

I have purchased the Land Registry Title for the property and all surrounding properties as well.

The official LR document is what we are basing our claim on. The ukmapping one that is supposed to be LR Compliant seems to reflect the current status showing the parcel of land as belonging to our plot whereas the LR documents appear to show it not belonging to our plot. Very frustrating.

N.B. In purchasing the surrounding LR property documents I can also see that a huge amount of land grabbing has been going on adding upto 40ft of garden to some properties that clearly conflict with the LR registered documents.

Edited by EverHopefull