simplepimple

Outline planning meaning for dummies!

My outline planning has the following stipulation regarding the provision of parking for the 'host' house along with parking for the new build. Does the wording 'brought into use' mean when the build has been completed and you are ready to move in? 

If I decide to go with an onsite caravan {So many questions about that one - I've been avidly reading the other threads.} the only place it can go is where both driveways are due to be constructed. 

1. No development shall commence until details of the areas to be provided for the manoeuvring, parking of vehicles for xxxxxx and the dwelling hereby permitted, including secure cycle storage, has been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The approved scheme shall be carried out in its entirety before the development is brought into use and shall be retained thereafter and used for no other purpose.

It looks like you cannot live in the new house until the parking and access arangements are in place.

It doesn't say you can't live in a caravan though...... :ph34r:

• Like 1

A small fly in the ointment may be living in the caravan while the parking and access work is being done if it can only go where the driveways are due to be. You’ll have no choice but to remove the caravan before you do that work. Alternatively you could look to do that work before you site a caravan so that you can move in the second that the house is finished. 

I wouldn't worry too much about that. The condition is designed to make sure you retain a parking space. If you don't have one for a short period after moving in they probably won't notice unless your parking on the road causes a problem or someone complains. Then planners will send a letter threatening "enforcement action unless you provide one within say 4 weeks". Don't panic if you get such a letter just grovel and apologise and get on with building it. If you need longer than 4 weeks give them a date when it will be done by and that should keep them happy. 

Just make sure you are all legal before submitting the vat reclaim. On that subject you might care to submit a landscaping plan showing the parking area. You might then get away with reclaiming the vat on any trees also shown on it. 

Your question is 

On 08/01/2019 at 19:51, simplepimple said:

[...]

Does the wording 'brought into use' mean when the build has been completed and you are ready to move in? 

[...]

Yes.