Tariff with no standing charge?

EverHopefull

My recently acquired property will be subject to demolition within a year hopefully and the departing seller has given meter readings on exit to the provider.

I have been looking at changing to a supplier with a "no standing charge" tariff to keep costs down whilst awaiting the project to start.

Have any of you experienced a tariff like this that can comment on it's worthiness?

I will not need power to the property until the main contractor is in situ and my plan is to change suppliers just prior to that to get a point placed on the edge of the plot as a temporary fix whilst the build commences.

Any thoughts?

@EverHopefull

For the last 18 months I've been on Scottish Power's "Powerup" scheme which has a zero standing charge tariff. You have to pay for the electricity in advance and the more you buy the cheaper the unit rate. My usage is 1500 kWh per year and it's definitely cheaper than being on a tariff with a standing charge.

It's controlled via an app on my smartphone - the app wasn't brilliant at the beginning but seems much more stable these days and I've been pleased with it so far.

Edited by Ian

Ebico sent me a letter saying that they needed to change the tariff (because of a legal decision) from the Zero tariff  

Quoting directly from the letter they sent me...

We're writing to you following the recent decision to change your electricity tariff. Your new tariff will start on
29 Dec 2018.
Your new prices
We've provided further details on the next page about your Personal Projection and Tariff Information (the cost
for your energy).
What do you need to do next?
If you're happy with the details you don't need to do anything else. We'll continue to make the changes for you.
If not - please get in touch with us.

Love and Kisses Ebico.

• 8 months later...

Hi 

Has anyone found a Zero or low tariff electricity provider recently. we have demolished but  still have the new supply live on site but not really being used  so  it would make sense to change if there is anything out there 

thanks