What are we hoping for on our self-build in 2019?

Getting a finished floor plan that will work for us to give to an architect (or architect technician) to “make it pretty” .

Planning permission

Build the garage and more importantly my sewing room.  I have quilts and “stuff” to make.

8 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

I just want to be happy 

don,t care how far the build gets 

just want to stop being so grumpy. 

how can you be so grumpy ?

you got a site most would give both testicles  to have

nice and flat + a pond !!

you are out of the ground now  .so most bobby traps will have been found--plain sailing now

what more do you want!!!

Happy new new year all, particularly Russell (!) .. take up fishing for calmness. And I am sure you can water ski in the space you have; set up 2 tow-stations at either side of the pond and have a party.

What a good thread.

Me, I hope for a renovation or two in 2019, and to do a loft conversion I have started thinking about. 2018 was a stressful year for nearly everyone in my circle.

Personally and family wise, I want far fewer medical issues, to get my sleep patterns sorted after a hospital spell in 2018, and get a holiday or 2 in, and some BH build visits - I managed to get to three or four this year and it was really enjoyable.

Business wise, 2019 is the critical year in the growth of the gym I sometimes chat about. We took a huge risk by jumping to a two-levels-up venue in 2018, and this year we should break through to be a larger operation employing staff and offering a wider range of services.

And I hope to start a blog under the moniker This New House, for musings and to recycle some of the 12k+ posts I have in various building type forums. There must be at least 3 which are worth preserving.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Tosh said:

Actually starting to build something after waiting for what seems an eternity for a green light for all the paperwork.

Same here, hate the wait.

It would be great to have something tangible done in 2019, and it would be nice to stay sane (and still married!) in the process...

??

• Like 1

Finish our build without too many dramas and moving in. I set myself a goal to move to a more rural location when I finished university, but life and work rather got in the way of that. Hopefully 2019 will see me meeting that goal (albeit 30 years later ?). 

On 31/12/2018 at 18:23, PeterW said:

No pressure there then that it actually works then @newhome..!!!

All good! ? I miscalculated slightly how long it would take to warm up from circa 11 degrees but it should be at 20 in about 40 mins I imagine. Thanks! ?

B97A4800-A4B6-4B8F-ADF4-F0D81DBFB51E.jpeg

• Like 1

Frame up in January

Roof on in February

Windows installed March

First fix electrics and plumbing in April

Exterior cladding and render in May

Plaster boarded in June

Plastered in July

Second fix plumbing and electrics in August

Paint and decorate in September 

Fit the kitchen in October

Final snagging in November

Move in early December!

And in the really world, worry how your going to get a house built in 12 months.

• Like 2