What are we hoping for on our self-build in 2019?

I am hoping for a happy Swmbo.

She got a flushing toilet in the static caravan for Christmas with an end-to-end continuously integrated disposal system (to borrow a few terms from software development), so I am off to a good start.

Next year I hope to complete the garage which will deliver a proper office, temp utility room and storage. After that I will strive for a watertight shell of a house before the autumn rains arrive.

Edited by epsilonGreedy

My next target is get the house finished enough for a certificate of temporary habitation from building control by May so I can hopefully move onto an ordinary insurance policy rather than renew the self build policy for another year.

Other than that, plod on with whatever we can afford.

Returning home tomorrow and having a warm house after using ‘holiday mode’ for the first time ?

Beyond that getting the various odds and sods sorted including sorting out the loft so that I can get to the MVHR unit and change the filters, get the ST system working again. Always something to sort out! 

14 hours ago, Tennentslager said:

Finally finishing my Building Warrant application...work has been too too busy, universal credit and alcohol abuse = destitution, vulnerability and increase in detentions under mental heath act. Frontline social work is grim sometimes so I’m gonna knock a wall down???

I don't know how you do it.  My sister in law was a social worker in inner London for years, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that job, especially given the major failure of successive governments to understand the true impact of some of their policies.

With my health and energy returning from what has been a long drawn out illness and recovery I am looking forward to just being back on the tools without it being a massive effort. My main focus will be to get the shed sorted out, new doors etc, so that I will be in a position to move the workshop and associated materials....junk  from the cottage I am renovating to the refurbished shed / workshop. But my first job will be the upgrading of the water supply before April as that’s when the first geusts start to arrive. new tanks, pipe and  filters throughout.