12v transformer for fan

Crofter

So... I've picked up a cheap 2nd hand single room MVHR unit off eBay. It's incomplete, hence the low price. The major bit missing is the control unit, but upon opening it up it appears that there are just two small computer-type fans inside, each wanting 4w at 12v. I've powered it up off a car battery and it works just fine.

Plan is to wire it into the bathroom lighting circuit... yes I know there will be no hysteresis...  but it will get me up and running easily.

I can pick up a cheap 12v transformer off eBay, like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC12V-LED-Driver-Power-Supply-Transformer-6W-12W-36W-48W-60W-Strip-MR16-G4-CCTV/272777976696?hash=item3f82d59b78:m:mITRanGIZh6GiuSn_zCgkFw:rk:11:pf:0

Question is- is there anything to be gained or lost by buying an oversized transformer? They all cost the same anyway.

The 12W version of that will probably be okay. I doubt it's well regulated but should be okay for a couple of fans.

I suspect they are unregulated, so a larger one, with just a small load, may output more than 12V but the only way to tell would be to try it.