Stage 1 Is Very Nearly Complete :)

And the prize goes to Jeremy ?. 

There are more bricks to be laid but that was the last one that mattered. 

Now I can get it scaffolded properly and finish the roof. Then finish the inside, move in and have babies. 

But it I really am glad that is over. I'll check the dates when I start making the video later but I would guess it has taken me nearly a full year to clad that house in bricks. 

Jeremy wins on a technicality. You know when I said "you" you know I meant the pair of you. :ph34r:

Anyway congratulations. I know what it's like to be building slowly with no third party help.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Construction Channel said:

Then finish the inside, move in and have babies. 

That's what we said a year ago - except the babies bit; did that 30 years ago. The only sort that we look forward to are the grand kind. 1 down and ? to go.

• Like 1

Laying in bed as I can't be arsed to move, so went through this thread again. 

Looking good mate, and that brickwork is nothing to sweat about, looks the mutts ?

Only feels like yesterday when you were caught jemmy'ing the back door open on EB :D, how time flies. :S

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

I thought i was going quite fast, surely 20 bricks a day is somewhere near the average.............:ph34r:

Positively light speed compared to some..... 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/06/2017 at 17:14, Construction Channel said:

This could have gone horribly wrong. Luckily I spotted it was on the wrong line before i got the saw out 

Is that a gap in the far gable at the top where you have not finished that brick yet?

Or am I being too deprecating, and Norfolk has a strange breed of pidgeon with a triangular a**e?

(Good video)

13 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Is that a gap in the far gable at the top where you have not finished that brick yet?

Or am I being too deprecating, and Norfolk has a strange breed of pidgeon with a triangular a**e?

(Good video)

I do have the power to make that post disappear.....but  yes the gap is still there. I have had 2 attempts so far at throwing the brick and both have cracked. :( 

yes I could try again. And realistically it would take me 20 mins to actually work some more clay and throw it in the mould. But I am a busy "ish" man. I've got newer and much more interesting things to half finish before I get back to that. 

Edited by Construction Channel
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...