Stage 1 Is Very Nearly Complete :)

Well this is the start of the shower shuttering. I need to Cut a wooden brace across where the strap is and put more supports in but the corners are level and it’s in the right place. 

6FA8391C-10D0-446D-9D72-920C578E9A9E.thumb.jpeg.f9cd2e011635f1b6d579388a75edae30.jpeg

As for the pressure...... it’s gone up? I had left the hose connected which I have now taken off. So either that valve was letting by or it’s magic. Either way it’s not leaking :) 

B0408FCB-EA95-49B9-9DDE-0DDFC578C4CC.thumb.jpeg.7b36cca22fab52fb990042e1f36d9381.jpeg

• Like 1

On 07/03/2018 at 21:14, Construction Channel said:

And just in case you wondered how I was going to hold it in the little chairs where it is trying to lift in some places I’m useing these. Technically they are for holding Teram down but they seem to be working well for this. 

B20799BD-BA6C-4DD4-AEA2-1F59F86AD1D6.thumb.jpeg.821bc8ebe5a6a38d16a04e980e8e0999.jpeg

Pardon my ignorance, but do they pierce green polyethylene layer (and if yes - is it a problem)?

6 minutes ago, oldkettle said:

Pardon my ignorance, but do they pierce green polyethylene layer (and if yes - is it a problem)?

They do pierce it but tend to fill the hole they create as the membrane stretches to allow it to pass through.  

Not a problem. 

With liquid screeds it would be frowned upon. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

Wait til you pour concrete over them and then watch the pressure rise ..!!!! 

48 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Yup. Prob best to drop it to 2bar before the pour ;)

I will leave them at about 1.5 - 2 bar when I'm pouring, for the moment I have released all pressure and left the drain open, it's not meant to freeze any time soon but i wont be pouring for at least a week so no need to take the risk

14 minutes ago, oldkettle said:

yes they do pierce the green polythene, but that is only there to stop the concrete reacting with the foil on the insulation (supposedly) it's not the DPM,

as Nick said the holes are pretty much filled by the peg but if a little does get by I'm not that worried.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Construction Channel said:

yes they do pierce the green polythene, but that is only there to stop the concrete reacting with the foil on the insulation (supposedly) it's not the DPM,

as Nick said the holes are pretty much filled by the peg but if a little does get by I'm not that worried.

Which reminds me that somewhere in the garden I have a couple of experiments I started months ago, with some mortar plonked on some samples of PIR, to see how real the reaction with the foil really is.  They've been sat outside, so have been repeatedly rained on and snowed on, which should be a pretty much worse case.  I'll dig them out, see if I can get the mortar blobs off and takes some photos to see what the real-world damage to the foil faces is, and then post it on the relevant thread (when I can find it..............).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looks great! I'm sold on screeding to "rails" after doing my bathroom with them. My lounge /diner is a long and thin room like that or will be when I knock it thru. That'll get the same treatment! Mine has a change in level that I'll do away with though.

What mix was that? I've never used pumped concrete, it looks very "runny".

34 minutes ago, Onoff said:

What mix was that? I've never used pumped concrete, it looks very "runny".

It was gen 3, supposedly they won't put anything less through the pump, 

as for runny the ticket says no water added on site...... :D but between you and the world there might have been a little bit just to make life easier, if it has weakened it at all im not worried, its plenty strong enough for what its doing and its full of reinforcement 

21 hours ago, Construction Channel said:

It was gen 3, supposedly they won't put anything less through the pump, 

as for runny the ticket says no water added on site...... :D but between you and the world there might have been a little bit just to make life easier, if it has weakened it at all im not worried, its plenty strong enough for what its doing and its full of reinforcement 

Yes, I struggled with what they would pump as well. I asked for a 75mm slump, pump grade. The concrete company said that the minimum they could make pump grade was 95mm so I agreed to that. When it was delivered it was very similar to what you had there, and I would guarantee that it was  a minimum of 120mm, maybe greater.

The problem is, when you have the pump on site and set up, plus the required workforce, what do you do??

On 07/04/2018 at 20:26, RichS said:

, when you have the pump on site and set up, plus the required workforce, what do you do??

you tell them to get pouring :DI wasn't as specific about slumps but for the job it is doing its plenty strong enough, if i was planning for heavy traffic i may have been a little more concerned but in this case it's just a gap filler really.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...