Flush window board.

JamesP

Advice required as I have started plaster boarding and have fitted a moulded 25mm mdf window board.

Now would like a flush cill with no return or overhang and wondering if this can be achieved using cut down mdf board or best using plasterboard as a cill (not as hardwearing).

Just wondering about the join between plasterboard and mdf for the skim coat.

Photos enclosed. 

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

Have you seen my thread about window boards? I used spare leftover oak floor boards with a bit of trim over the edges.  The cill is flush, just the thickness of the trim overhangs.

window_board_2.thumb.jpg.4e0bf84343b9dc5d5561002d38dfecd1.jpg

The small overlap of the trim covers the inevetable crack between the cill and the plaster.

• Thanks 1

@ProDave  @nod I did see your thread and your oak cill and trim, looks great.

We want a flush finish similar to the photo. Its the join between PB and MDF which bothers me. I could just use PB and angle bead, maybe some hardiebacker board for more stability. Will ask the plasterer as well.

simple-modern-window-trim-detail-drywall-return.jpg

Edited by JamesP
spellin

46 minutes ago, JamesP said:

@ProDave  @nod I did see your thread and your oak cill and trim, looks great.

We want a flush finish similar to the photo. Its the join between PB and MDF which bothers me. I could just use PB and angle bead, maybe some hardiebacker board for more stability. Will ask the plasterer as well.

Where the plasterboard and the mdf join you could use a skim stop on the pb tight up against the mdf As it will shrink and crack once the heating goes on Leaving an even Chanel that can simply be caulked 

simple-modern-window-trim-detail-drywall-return.jpg