Shower Bar Mixer.

Onoff

6 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I could just swap the flexis over?

I must be missing something?

If the hot and cold was the wrong way round, it simply would not work and regulate a constant temperature.

I thought the problem was having to put the shower head on the floor to get the pump to start, not lack of temperature regulation?

28 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I must be missing something?

If the hot and cold was the wrong way round, it simply would not work and regulate a constant temperature.

I thought the problem was having to put the shower head on the floor to get the pump to start, not lack of temperature regulation?

Did you think this thread would be either a) simple or b) straightforward ?

"sucker!" :D 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Can't you just feel which pipe gets hot ?

Deffo the pipe with the red tape on gets hot:

2018-12-27_02-31-06

Found the mixer instructions amazingly. "Hot on the left and Cold on the right" but viewed from what side?

2018-12-27_03-09-12

36 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Moving the mixer down is pointless. You can move it downstairs and there's will be zero difference. It's already been said, it's the height of the outlet that dictates flow. 

Pic seems to be pipe for pipe to me unless I'm missing something 

And go buy on of these for £50. ?

The outlet being the handset?

8 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

Always viewed from the front so just swap the flexis over.

Or turn the mixer upside down so the outlet is out of the top?

If I swap the flexis over it has a knock on effect for the new downstairs mixer that is all hard copper plumbed in. (Not insurmountable).

But back to the earlier theme, I have the COLD coming into this inlet, is that right or wrong?

2018-12-27_03-25-48

4.5.1.....Hot on the left and Cold on the right.

If viewed from the front I've done that.

4.5.3.....The flow control (14) should be on the left, the temperature control (8) on the right and the outlet underneath.

And I've done that...

2018-12-27_03-59-50

No mesh filters fitted anywhere btw.

Maybe last time I swapped the blue and red inlets over?

Got all the bits in a bucket of Kemiscale-P. Hope it doesn't eat the rubber bits!

Edited by Onoff

29 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I asked before but never got a proper answer?

Once started, was it regulating temperature?  If so it was all fitted the correct way round.

Sorry. It wasn't regulating temperature which was why I started this. Apologies if not clear. The height thing is a given since day one.

Just fished the mixer bits out of the descaler and reassembled.  Testing it now and the point where the hot comes in is proper hot. The mixer is regulating temperature seemingly but the outlet is only getting lukewarm.

6 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Sorry. It wasn't regulating temperature which was why I started this. Apologies if not clear. The height thing is a given since day one.

Just fished the mixer bits out of the descaler and reassembled.  Testing it now and the point where the hot comes in is proper hot. The mixer is regulating temperature seemingly but the outlet is only getting lukewarm.

Even more confused.

This is obviously not a new install. Did it EVER work?  or did it stop working when you messed with the pipework for the new downstairs bathroom?  (if so you have not had a shower for a while :ph34r: )

5 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Even more confused.

This is obviously not a new install. Did it EVER work?  or did it stop working when you messed with the pipework for the new downstairs bathroom?  (if so you have not had a shower for a while :ph34r: )

Yes it sometimes works fine other than having to drop the handset to the tray to get the pump to kick in.

Nothing changed when I did the pipework for downstairs.

Assuming all these bar mixers are similar than should the hot or cold come in at the larger cartridge end which I assume is the thermostatic end?

Cheers

3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Right I suspect the thermal mixer cartridge has died. Either mess about trying to find one for that particular mixer, or just replace the whole bar.

100%. 

Fit a new mixer and start from there. I think all the problems will go with a working unit. Flow restriction on startup will be minimised then too, so should negate the holding down of the handset to get things flowing. Or change it to a tank-fed electric unit.

C***TS! 

Box was open. Said so and had a quick check everything was there. Lad said it would just have been where someone wanted a look. Opened at home and it's pi$$ed out water! :(

Well it's going in in a minute with a rocket up the ar$e email to Screwfix.

20181227_184301.thumb.jpg.557fe52a796031bd706fa914ce95c76a.jpg

20181227_184315.thumb.jpg.4ccf5ccd543a72bd6db1f14753771781.jpg