Sap

nod

Does a Sap report mean anything to the average home buyer 

We have ours now and I was looking online at local mainstream builds None seem to publish there results Is it that home buyers don’t ask 

Or is it that most are scraping through the minimum standard 

What is the minimum standard ?

On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:13, nod said:

Does a Sap report mean anything to the average home buyer 

We have ours now and I was looking online at local mainstream builds None seem to publish there results Is it that home buyers don’t ask 

Or is it that most are scraping through the minimum standard 

What is the minimum standard ?

1) The SAP report means little/nothing to the average home buyer.

2) The average homebuyer does not know it exists until it is (hopefully) presented to them when they purchase the house.

3) For the actual SAP score there is no minimum standard (except when renting). The SAP score is actually a cost index which has zero energy cost at 100. It is very difficult for a mass produced house to get better than a 'B' rating, so I think mass builders do not push it because usually normally who wants a B rated product?

The average buyer will never see a full SAP report, just the "output" from that, the EPC certificate.

I still wonder why buyers are generally not interested in an EPC certificate when buying a house, seeming to prefer "character" to practicality.  About the only people that do read an EPC certificate are landlords, and only because you can no longer let houses with a very poor EPC.

Thanks for the response

we hate the look of solar panels

and I was quite suprised that if we had chosen to have full array on the south side covering up our exspensive slate At a cost of £9000

It would have only given us 3 exstra points and save us about £400 per year 

4 minutes ago, nod said:

Thanks for the response

and I was quite suprised that if we had chosen to have full array on the south side covering up our exspensive slate At a cost of £9000

I am ground mounting my solar panels away from the house and expecting my DIY sourced and installed system to cost in the region of £1500, if it saves £250 of electrcity each year it will have a payback time of 6 years.  I haven't looked at the figures but I am sure 4KW of solar PV is a lot more than 3 SAP points.

20 minutes ago, Triassic said:

The SAP assessment isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on! Another worthless piece of legislation. 

Agreed 

I could have told him anything 

He asked me about solar panels Wind terbines 

I would have needed a cert 

Unless Installed myself like Dave 

A desk top study seems to rely on you answering the questions honestly 

in an estate of houses built at the same time, an epc means diddly. buying a house comes down to; is it on the main drag or in a quiet cul-de-sac, has it been extended, large drive, garden? the last question is, if asked at all, is it efficient?

we are old house people, lived in a wimpey semi for the last 20years, was supposed to be 3 max but schools/uni and settled kids.... started looking about 4-5yrs agoat older properties then someone bought a horse and ended at looking at houses with land.

nice house, lousy gound, good land rubbish house, i'm not moving that far out, you want how much?!!

there's a plot in a good area, wasn't that a good idea?.........

2 hours ago, nod said:

Thanks for the response

How do those numbers change if you have an in-roof version of solar panels and save 25-30% of the cost of your slate?

F