FiT after March 2019

Triassic

7 minutes ago, ProDave said:

My guess re the PPE is he didn't know what service head he would find.  A modern one like you have is usually perfectly safe, but if he had found an old cast iron one, I'll bet the PPE would have been used.

I reckon the old Bakerlite ones are probably the worst, aren't they?  At least with the cast iron ones you can see what you're dealing with before you start, but I pulled one of the black ones years ago and the thing literally fell to pieces as it came out.  Luckily we were taking the roof off the house and doing a complete rewire and replumb, plus we still had power from the farm supply, as IIRC it took SWEB a couple of weeks to come out and fix it (them being so slow was the reason my brother and I just pulled the fuse in the first place).

• 2 years later...
On 22/12/2018 at 14:14, scottishjohn said:

has anybody done the calculations on CHP units run on mains gas ,as it appears that my plots can have mains gas now -

and from what I have gleaned from here if you have mains gas its still cheaper than any other solution at this time even if only to heat water .

Just giving this a bump in case 2.5 years later someone has an answer to it.