self leveling failure

Pete

My self leveling all failed even though I followed instructions to the letter, it literally decoupled and I have had to start again. Just to put you in the picture it was a power floated floor and we think that may be where the problem stems from. So I have now scabbled the surface and completely hoovered prior to having another go.

The reason for the post is to highlight the different advice I have been given from the primer/self leveling company.

Tech guy in the office told me to scabble the surface and put the primer down neat and I will not have a problem. Primer duly arrives and I read the instructions (as we all do) and it says on porous surfaces the product must be diluted.

Doubt then sets in as I have been informed to put it down neat so decide to contact tech guy again. I knew before they told me that he has finished for xmas (B-------) and do I want to speak to one of the reps which I have had to do as I want to get this job done.

The rep then tells me that I should not put the compound down until I have the UFH running as this can make the concrete crack and create further problems.

I then explain it is a Passive build and the temp of the UFH will be quite low and should not create any problems (fingers crossed).

So he tells me to do a sponge test to see how porous the slab is and then dilute one to one and if it needs a further coat put it down neat at 90 degrees to the first coat.

If I was nervous before the phone call to the rep I am now thinking who is right and will I have problems in the future?

Edited by recoveringacademic
Edited to assist readability