Attaching Christmas wreath to powder coated front door

Jude1234

Rather a silly question but we are putting up our Christmas decorations on our new house and wondered how we could attach our wreath to our front door.  Previously we have hung it on a metal rod that hooked over the top but the new door is too thick for this. AS this is a temporaray fixture do not want anything that will mark the door.

Any ideas

36 minutes ago, Jude1234 said:

Rather a silly question but we are putting up our Christmas decorations on our new house and wondered how we could attach our wreath to our front door.  Previously we have hung it on a metal rod that hooked over the top but the new door is too thick for this. AS this is a temporaray fixture do not want anything that will mark the door.

Any ideas

Not a silly question

We had the same dilemma last weekend 

Our neighbour bought us a lovely Wreath and we thought we can’t just not put it up 

If there’s a way to attach it I couldnt find it ?

F0486E9D-5A82-41BD-8BAC-7DCE3FF093B0.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PeterW said:

If it’s fairly smooth then you can use something like the 3M command strip hooks as they don’t mark when you remove them. 

they also do another version without the hook, where there are two halves for the wall and the pic, and the adhesion is like Velcro.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PeterW said:

If it’s fairly smooth then you can use something like the 3M command strip hooks as they don’t mark when you remove them. 

+1 to 3M Command Strips, we use them all the time, much easier than anything else unless it's really heavy. You can get the hooks in clear plastic now I believe.

• Like 1

Yay it has stayed up for 4 hours now...using a different brand sticky pad and fixing to glass not door, also using lighter weight artificial wreath!  Not quite as I had envisaged but it will do......cant be seen from the street as its behind bloody big wall and gates LOL......now for some flashing lights on said wall LOLOLOLOL

ECDB8FC4-D7DD-4A30-9083-786730B64A49.jpeg

Stick it outside the main gate somewhere. At least it’s visible there. I don’t put decs up (bah humbug lol) but anything like that would be whipped away by the wind in seconds. I’m still lamenting that I bought a couple of tall planters. I seem to spend more time standing them up again than they spend standing upright! 

10 minutes ago, newhome said:

Stick it outside the main gate somewhere. At least it’s visible there. I don’t put decs up (bah humbug lol) but anything like that would be whipped away by the wind in seconds. I’m still lamenting that I bought a couple of tall planters. I seem to spend more time standing them up again than they spend standing upright! 

We are on the top of the ridgeway with fierce winds too. It wouldnt last 5 minutes out on gate...... and might encourage visitors and we are feeling like hibernating this year. It was a close call on decorations here.