uPVC window suppliers- recommendations?

Crofter

Having finished the new build I am finally turning my attention to our own house, which is a 1970s bungalow. Some of the windows are the original timber framed single glazed units, and some have been replaced with what appear to be medium quality DG uPVC.

I'm looking to buy (supply only- I can fit them myself) windows to replace the old SG ones. They'll need to visually match the other replacements to a certain extent, although they are on different elevations and in different rooms so an exact match isn't necessary.

On the new house I went all out for 3G alu-clad, but I'm on a much tighter budget this time around.

The obvious solution is to pick up the phone to the local BM and get something from them (JeldWen?)- but is there anything else out there that I should know about?

Anyone...?

I'm finding the whole budget windows thing a bit of a chore after my dealings with the higher end of the market. Hardly anybody talks about u-values, and it's pretty hard to convert a WER rating to something more meaningful. Lots of companies only do A rated as their top spec, and I've already determined that I should be aiming for A++, at least on the north and east elevations.

Got a good quote back from a company 600 miles away, who won't deliver... would be great to get suggestions for any options closer to home.

I'm tempted to give Russel Timber Tech in Glasgow a go, although it might look a bit odd to mix timber and uPVC on the same house.

10 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Tried Modern uPVC Windows ..??

Impressed with their 3G product but not sure about delivery..!

https://www.modernupvcwindows.co.uk

They're the ones who I've got a quote from! Yes their 3G looks decent. If push came to shove I could hire a van and road trip it, but hopefully there's a better option than that.

• 5 weeks later...

Re-visiting this one. Just waiting to hear back from Craig, but in the mean time any suggestions at all for windows a bit closer to home? Modern uPVC have been good to deal with so far but the delivery is a bit of a killer.

15 minutes ago, jamieled said:

Have you considered Norscot? Someone suggested them to us, but we're not at that stage yet. Have an outlet in Inverness I think.

https://www.norscotwindows.co.uk/windows-doors/window-materials/upvc-windows/

Thanks, I'll give them a go although their online quote is giving some pretty hefty prices. Hope they can bring that down a bit over the phone!