Flexible pipe for awkward temporary foul drain connection.

epsilonGreedy

Swmbo has not smiled for 2 weeks so I need to get a foul drain connected to the static caravan asap.

Yesterday I realized there is decent fall from the FFL of the static caravan to my mains sewer connection some 15 meters away on the far side of my existing footing blockwork. As a result it will be possible to lay some conventional rigid plastic underground piping across the top of my footings blockwork for a couple of months while I dig the long term drainage to plan and then link this to the static caravan via a spur trench.

The problem I face is connecting the last two feet between the deeper mains sewer pipe and the temp plastic 110 pipe spanning the top of the footings blockwork. In 2 feet I need to drop 320mm and also perform 320 degree turn a like a helta skelta for sewage.

What type of flexible pipe should I use for this connection?

Edited by epsilonGreedy

Doing a 320 degree turn will slow things a lot - isn’t there a better route ..? 320 degrees seems to infer you’ve just got to do a 45 into the main sewer..??

You can’t use flexible 110mm pipe as it will crush/block/split as the only ones I can think of are pan connectors. Other option is to use one of the multi flex elbows that rotate to give anywhere from 0 to 90 but can give you a drop too

26 minutes ago, PeterW said:

You can’t use flexible 110mm pipe as it will crush/block/split as the only ones I can think of are pan connectors. Other option is to use one of the multi flex elbows that rotate to give anywhere from 0 to 90 but can give you a drop too

This proposed bridging using flexible pipe will remain above ground during the two month temporary foul drain configuration.

7 minutes ago, scottishjohn said:

and when it freezes if laid on top of ground?

turdciles!!!

The thought crossed my mind. Then I reassured myself that static caravans often have a few meters of foul drain over ground and then external soil pipes have been used for over a hundred years.

Thinking technically for a moment, if say the flushing water averages 10 degrees having been warmed by room temp and the transit time through the exposed section of drainage is 1 minute I cannot envisage the sewage freezing up like an except from the film The Day After Tomorrow. 

This is the closest material I can for my requirement. I reckon it will require a few circuits of gaffer tape to make water tight in place of a proper rubber seal.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/flexipipe-pipe-110mm/76775

"Flexi-pipe for use with the Versa-Tile ventilator and pipe adaptor for use as a soil vent pipe or extractor fan terminal." 

17 minutes ago, PeterW said:

That’s a bit of polytheism wrapped around a wire coil ... will last about 2 minutes with water and solids. 

Ok. I will visit my local Screwfix which has one in stock and ask to inspect the example.

It looks like water inlet hose as used on boats which is robust enough to be attached to an underwater seacock which would be typically left open for days when crew are aboard.

1 hour ago, epsilonGreedy said:

The thought crossed my mind. Then I reassured myself that static caravans often have a few meters of foul drain over ground and then external soil pipes have been used for over a hundred years.

Thinking technically for a moment, if say the flushing water averages 10 degrees having been warmed by room temp and the transit time through the exposed section of drainage is 1 minute I cannot envisage the sewage freezing up like an except from the film The Day After Tomorrow. 

just make sure no dips in it that could hold water which could freeze over night

20 hours ago, PeterW said:

That’s a bit of polytheism wrapped around a wire coil ... will last about 2 minutes with water and solids. 

A timely warning. A visit yesterday to inspect an example at Screwfix confirmed it had a thin pipe wall similar to heavy duty pvc sheet.

There are some flexible rubber 110mm drainage couplers available though much shorter than the 2ft I need to bridge so I will either need to source 1 meter of the rubber hose used to make these couplers or close the 2ft gap with hard plastic bends and then use a flexible couple