Good and responsive architect?

Tonymac

We have recently acquired a plot of land at Scottish Borders (close to Selkirk) and plan to start a self-build very soon. The land has a previous planning permission but we would like to make some changes to the design. I have contacted 4 architects/architect technicians but have only heard from one of them which subsequently trailed off (the architect technician stopped returning communication after we accepted his quotation). This is very frustrating. Does anyone know any good and responsive architect/architect technician in that area? Any recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Edited by Tonymac

3 hours ago, the_r_sole said:

tbh it sounds definitely more like the type of job for an architectural technician, adjusting someone else's design isn't really that attractive a job for an architect (I've done it a few times and on every one there are things that can't be built or don't comply with the regs, but no one wants to pay again for a redesign...)

The only company I know in that area are Camerons (but can't recommend them personally as it was someone I replaced at a previous practice who moved down there, so I just know the name)

It's not entirely adjusting the original design as we have a clear idea of what we want. ie we hope to turn 2 semi detached into 1 detached

49 minutes ago, laurenco said:

Can you contact the original architect who is familiar with the project? I've found Architects hate taking on other people's work, but the original guy might be more amenable?

The original architect is the one that stopped returning communication after we accepted his quotation.