Buying metal roofing from France: advice

albert

Hi I am looking to use a product from Bacacier called Landrybac on my roof . I had a good price from them when i was over in the summer but my french is not good and I want to buy from a merchant near  a ferry port but not finding it easy to communicate.  Has anyone purchased materials in the EU and are there any other items worth buying at better prices while I am there with my HGV. 

I know it will be hassle but  I'm  looking for a softer roof than standing seem /Tata urban and I know the french have use this product in mountains for years so it should be good in the snow and wind here. it is also much cheaper!! I have my own truck and would probably be  back hauling to keep costs down. Bacacier are a big company but no contacts in the UK yet.

Any advice would be great. 

A

6 hours ago, albert said:

Bacacier

Perhaps try entering the French department number for Calais here..

http://www.bacacier.com/nous-contatcter/trouvez-technico-commercial/

The  number for Calais is 62 according to google..

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=numero+departement+calais&oq=numero+departement+calais&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.12649j1j8&client=tablet-android-pega&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

The huge Batibouw expo might be worth a visit end Feb. They may well be there.

https://www.batibouw.com/en

• 5 weeks later...

Bit of a late response but ... I've bought windows and guttering in France. But the former were ordered face to face on one trip and collected on a subsequent trip. The guttering was just diy store stuff, but I did do a stock check online.

• 2 months later...

Hi.

Not quite French. But I'm buying my roof in Poland . They actually got price lists on their metal roofs. Just as an example, standing seam in a superior quality than the Urban colourcoat stuff is approx.  11-13£/SQM. And a massive choice.Since nearly all new roofs are metal over the east side. If you're interested I can send some over and give a hand with translating the catalogue. Advantage is that every one in the building supply business over there speaks fluent English and even most catalogues come in English. As of warranty /quality. It'sbEU, so not a problem.

Edited by Patrick
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@albert Yep, I think stuff is briliant. And warranty comes from Tata or Thyssen-Krupp so you can even rely on those companies and dont have to trust in smaller roofing manufacturer to be around for the next 40-50 years. Tata/Thyssen-Krupp probably will be   ?. send you a PM . 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 19:44, Patrick said:

As of warranty /quality. It'sbEU, so not a problem

Make sure you check the small print. Some warranties only cover sales to EU countries. OK now but what happens after Brexit will depend on the wording. They may also be slow to change the wording to take Brexit into account. Might be wise to pay something by credit card.