Firefox browser help

vivienz

Please keep the answers as simple as possible for me!

I've just got my laptop back from the repair shop; I thought it had a dodgy power socket but it turns out that I had trodden on the end of the power supply one time too many.  I've collected it with a new charger and they've said that everything is fine.

I use Firefox as my default browser but when I open it now, regardless of which site I open I get an error message saying that the site security certificate is not yet valid.  I can add an exception but it's really annoying to have to do this for every single site.  The version of firefox on my machine is the latest one and I can't see that the problem is with my Norton security package.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  As I type, a message has just come up on a yellow bar below the address bar saying that one or more installed add-ons cannot be verified and have been disabled.

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

Check your computers date and time. I have known this when the clock got corrupted and it thought the security certificate had expired.

Exactly what happened using explorer, date and time were ancient and causing the problem

• Thanks 1

Well done, chaps.  I didn't even think to look but as I glance to the bottom corner of my screen, I see that it's 22nd January 2012 according to my machine.

Update: genius - it worked!  Thanks!

Edited by vivienz