Section 106 Ceredigion

Good morning,

Does anyone know if a section 106 would apply to a building plot in Ceredigion? It has no planning permission. Reading up on it has been pretty fruitless as it seems to depend on individual Councils and law seems to change regularly.

Thanks

Geoff

Looking at planning applications in Ceredigion they do seem to apply Section 106 there as the planning decisions mostly seem to state “Approved subject to conditions and Section 106 agreement”. You may be able to apply for an exemption from Section 106 as a self builder if you meet certain conditions. Section 106 is a devolved matter I think so you may need to email the council and ask. 

Well that’s not good enough really. They must be able to tell you what the policy is. I found this freedom of information request. It didn’t get answered as it said the information was available elsewhere but maybe you could ask via that route (and cite that you have already unsuccessfully asked the council for the policy). 

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/section_106_obligation_request

Hi Peter, I have found the Local plan, it will take a bit of reading. Do you have any idea where I might find the national framework, I did read somewhere some time ago that the self builder would definitely be excempt from the S106 once it was in the framework, this was in 2015/2016.