Bitumen Shingles and Building regs

Does anyone know if there are any regulations on using bitumen roof shingles on a new extension? I don't mean floppy Wicks shed roof shingles I mean proper ones like they use all the time in Poland, Russia etc where lower temperatures and potential bad weather are likely. I'm building an extension with roof either side approx 1600mm wide by 4000mm projection with glass in the middle approx 4500mm. Its a pretty low pitch 13°. There is an interlocking composite fake slate but I wondered if building control would object to shingle style tiles if properly fitted? Thanks in advance! 

Ok not going with shingles now partly because of your reply. Many thanks it's good information. I'm going with an interlocking fake slate it goes down to 10°, much dearer but I'm happier. Next question tho.... On top of 6" rafters spaced 450mm I'm putting t&g osb board 18mm do I need a membrane on the inside under the osb? (the interlocking tiles use their own adhesive backing 1m wide all BS EN Iso credited stuff) obvs I'll be using 100 kingspan from inside. Any suggestions appreciated. Many thanks so far.