Project Manager Advice

Philip1968

Hi,

We are tentatively launching into a self build project in the Welsh Marches, we have eventually obtained PP for a 160m sq bungalow in our garden, modern design with a mix of flat roof and a monopitch steel roof centrally which we plan to use Tata Colourcoat Urban. We have had a quote for the timber frame and insulated passive foundation from MBC that we are reasonably happy with. We are struggling to find a builder to get quotes though our architect wants to do a detailed spec beyond building regs drawings and draw up a tender pack for submission to firms locally (at a cost of several more thousand pounds) 

My worry is that only larger firms (possibly out of our budget) have the resources to deal with these tenders. My wife and I both work full time so have limited time for input. Does anyone have experience of project managers who may be able to help us?

Many thanks Phil

13 hours ago, Dreadnaught said:

Welcome to the forum, Philip. Whereabouts in the Marches are you, anywhere near Welshpool? I might know someone who might know someone, etc.

We are right at the southern end near Monmouth so quite a way from Welshpool unfortunately  - but any contact gratefully received.

10 minutes ago, Philip1968 said:

We are right at the southern end near Monmouth so quite a way from Welshpool unfortunately  - but any contact gratefully received.

Ah ok. (Lovely area!). I know some relevant people around Welshpool so if can't find anybody closer and are extending your search out then by all means send me a message and I would be happy to contact them to see if they can provide any help or leads.