Plumbing dishwasher

Pocster

7 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

the rubber end bit normally has a bit of a cuff on the inside. Sure your barbed fitting won't push on down into this?

No cuff

The barb bit goes straight in no issue - too loose though .

Ordered another hose ; female both ends and a coupler - hopefully better luck !

3 hours ago, PeterW said:

Piece of 22mm overflow pipe normally works as a decent joiner with a couple of hose clips

Funnily enough by chance I spoke to a appliance repair guy today . He said a piece of copper pipe and some jubilee clips !!!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, joe90 said:

Is there any chance of a proper longer hose from the machine manufacturer?, I would worry about unseen leaks after it’s all covered up!

I did think this also 

Funnily enough I had a washer repair guy at a different property and asked him .

He said the ‘ in built ‘ hose fixing ( internal ) isn’t something you can always change .

Think I’m going to just drill through the wall to the drain outside !!

8 minutes ago, pocster said:

I did think this also 

Funnily enough I had a washer repair guy at a different property and asked him .

He said the ‘ in built ‘ hose fixing ( internal ) isn’t something you can always change .

Think I’m going to just drill through the wall to the drain outside !!

It is often terminated inside direct to the drain pump so to change it you have to take the machine out and turn it on it's side, then it is obvious how to detach it and what fitting it needs.

You can just extend the existing hose with a kit like this.There is no water pressure in this hose so a leak is unlikely, just run the machine and check the hose before you put the plinth back. If the hose connects to the sink trap just make sure to use the u shape form making the hose position higher than the connection to the trap as it stops dirty water running back down the pipe when you pull the plug on a bowl full of water.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018K9UO7Q/ref=asc_df_B018K9UO7Q57342624/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22146&creativeASIN=B018K9UO7Q&linkCode=df0&hvadid=255708777834&hvpos=1o24&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2617950745367274315&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045104&hvtargid=pla-529609684701

3 hours ago, cherryfountain said:

You can just extend the existing hose with a kit like this.There is no water pressure in this hose so a leak is unlikely, just run the machine and check the hose before you put the plinth back. If the hose connects to the sink trap just make sure to use the u shape form making the hose position higher than the connection to the trap as it stops dirty water running back down the pipe when you pull the plug on a bowl full of water.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018K9UO7Q/ref=asc_df_B018K9UO7Q57342624/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22146&creativeASIN=B018K9UO7Q&linkCode=df0&hvadid=255708777834&hvpos=1o24&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2617950745367274315&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045104&hvtargid=pla-529609684701

That’s exactly what I have 

3 hours ago, ProDave said:

It is often terminated inside direct to the drain pump so to change it you have to take the machine out and turn it on it's side, then it is obvious how to detach it and what fitting it needs.

But I would invalidate the warranty yes ? It is brand new .

8 hours ago, pocster said:

Ffs !

Got this extension kit with a coupler 

Can’t tighten the jubilee clips any more 

leaks !!

0A508965-CAF8-4910-8905-CDA701842BDA.jpeg

Next size jubilee clips down - get from the local motor factors. Smear of silicon grease (not Vaseline...)

• Like 1