Internorm suppliers

Nick1c

We are starting to look at window costs. I have asked for quotes from Ecowin, Nordan & a Rationel supplier. It seems that Internorm are a great (if pricey!) product which has been let down by some retailers. Could anyone recommend an Internorm seller for me to ask (I would ideally like supply & fit). I am in west Cornwall. 

We used EcoHaus Internorm and had some issues but all sorted to our satisfaction in the end. In fairness, ours was a far from straight forward job (due to the SageGlass element), but that was over 2 years ago now and who knows how they may have improved (or indeed the reverse) since. My gut feeling at the time was that they were growing faster than they could cope with.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

Does anyone know of problems with kastrup 3g Alu clad windows from ecohaus internorm, or a better alternative brand?  Have been told by builder that rationel are difficult to seal in ICF?  And sils not deep enough?  He is an agent for ecohaus though ?

Thanks. 

• 1 year later...
On 23/09/2019 at 10:06, Alex C said:

Avoid Ecohause Internorm at all cost

Which branch? For me it seems Internorm are let down by their fitters. We had two windows fitted and they didn't use compriband (ah we only use that on the eco-housing etc) and there was gaps in the foam and external silicone.

I'm probably going to go with simple upvc windows to replaced the rest of the rotten timbers, purely because I've had excellent recommendations on the fitters.

I'd rather have crap windows fitted well than expensive excellent ones badly...

If anyone can recommend a north of england/south scotland branch, that have decent fitters (who use the right products, not just foam and silicone) I'd be all ears.

Another vote for avoid Ecohaus. Fitting service is a shambles and the management is poor. 

Due to covid the original installation date was delayed but this is understandable. What isn't understandable is the installation starting 16.06.2020 having the fitters on site approx. 20 days so far and still not looking like the installation will be completed till next week. 

Another vote for avoid Ecohaus- they dropped 4 of ours, took 16 weeks to replace. Did not fit  proper screw caps . 1 pane broken on arrival then replacement also broken. Our large sliding door does not slide easily and even moving the handle is hard. worst thing is they dont give a dam!! and nor do  Internorm Austria as we tried calling them about the 16 weeks delay  

2 hours ago, Red Kite said:

Another vote for avoid Ecohaus- they dropped 4 of ours, took 16 weeks to replace. Did not fit  proper screw caps . 1 pane broken on arrival then replacement also broken. Our large sliding door does not slide easily and even moving the handle is hard. worst thing is they dont give a dam!! and nor do  Internorm Austria as we tried calling them about the 16 weeks delay  

Internorm makes a few people twitch on here!

On 22/09/2019 at 15:58, Sandybay said:

Hi, Could anyone tell me is there much difference between rationel and kastrup Alu clad windows? Quality price etc.

Thanks. 

We're between these two. Kastrup is coming in 10% cheaper, but the local supplier is basically a one man band and outsources the fitting... So leaning towards Internorm as coming from a reputable company. Spec wise, I don't think there is much difference. Kastrup is now owned by Internorm anyway. So kinda like VW vs Skoda or Seat.

@Conor We had 18 Kastrup windows supplied and fitted in 2018 and large Internorm slider.  Kastrup Natur E++, 3G, outward opening, hinged on the side. Timber on the inside, UPVC then Alu on the external face.

I think well made though had the glazing replaced on 12 windows due to visible roller marks. The hinge does not hold the window when open in a fixed position if a light wind.

Simple adjustment screw on the hinge but not perfect.

We had a price for Rationel from a local supplier but 30% more expensive, the Kastrup seemed a more substantial product.

Edited by JamesP