Accoya Cladding

canalsiderenovation

When I talked to Russwood about a year ago I said that my assumption was that the treatment did not extend the life of the wood and I was told that SiOO:X also acted as a preservative.

One point people should bear in mind with Accoya, Larch, Cedar and other timbers with an acid PH is that, particularly in damp conditions, the secretions from the timber can attack certain metals, particularly if there is a galvanic coating.  This can impact not just fixings but also metal cladding and metalwork structures like galvanised balconies.

I've had a sample today of something called Vulcan Weathertone. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong profile samples and ended up with the shiplap profile which isn't the one we need but it's quite an interesting product compared with some of the other products as it's textured. The darker sample is the Dark Oak and the lighter sample is the Natural Cedar.

For anyone wondering what it's made of the brochure says it's production process 'premium fibres of mixed hardwoods using the entire tree, breaks these down into 100% natural wood fibres, combines them with a 6% mix of resin, wax and alum and compresses them under extreme heat and pressure. The surface treatment consists of 5 separate coats of acrylic paint baked on a high temperature'.

I've tried to upload some pictures so you can see it as I've not seen it mentioned before. One pic of each colour and me holding them both together so you can see the different colours.

IMG_20190123_214312.jpg

IMG_20190123_214321.jpg

15482816253149028467914813087700.jpg

• Thanks 1