Expansion vessel for UVC

Gav_P

Just now, PeterW said:

11” immersion ..?  Would swap that end one for a 24” assuming nothing in the way..?

11” thermostat. So 14” immersion I guess?

I assume a 24” would still be 3kw, so what’s the advantage? 

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

You’ll get less stratification with a longer immersion heater as you won’t be creating a point heat source. 

Ah ok thanks... I’ll order one up ready for the next time the tank needs draining off. ?

• 2 weeks later...

So lesson for today... After a few occurrences of water leaking in the loft (splashing out of the tundish), I replaced the tundish with a Hotun and re-did the pipe work. I then investigated the reason for the water passing through the tundish. 
1) checked the expansion vessel - it was down to about 2.5 bar so I thought “got it”... didn’t fix the problem.

2) Next, must the the immersion thermostat... replaced it even though it tested ok... nope not that either.
3) today, only tepid water temp in the morning... bit more investigation... looks like it’s the Temperature Relief Valve that’s dumping the hot water when it reaches about 50*c. So ordered one of those... fingers crossed that it sorted. 

Just now, Gav_P said:

Unfortunately not. 

Ok. Try tightening it a little, then loosening a little, and repeat until it gives up fighting you. You may be lucky, but they are bonded in in the factory so they are always facing completely vertically and cannot be tweaked by the inept plumbers who would do so for a 2 minute quicker install.

• Thanks 1

On 28/02/2021 at 18:48, Nickfromwales said:

Ok. Try tightening it a little, then loosening a little, and repeat until it gives up fighting you. You may be lucky, but they are bonded in in the factory so they are always facing completely vertically and cannot be tweaked by the inept plumbers who would do so for a 2 minute quicker install.

Turned out it came out without any drama. Job done.... hopefully. Just running it back up to temp now. 

• Like 1