Using Grano to raise concrete floor

Pete

I know this has been discussed on numerous occasions about leveling concrete floors and using self leveling but this can be expensive depending on the area involved and the depth. I need to raise my concrete floor about 15mm to nothing (not my fault) and over a large (ish) area and was going to use Grano dust with cement/SBR additive and SBR primed floor before starting. Has anybody else used this method before?

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I know this has been discussed on numerous occasions about leveling concrete floors and using self leveling but this can be expensive depending on the area involved and the depth. I need to raise my concrete floor about 15mm to nothing (not my fault) and over a large (ish) area and was going to use Grano dust with cement/SBR additive and SBR primed floor before starting. Has anybody else used this method before?

You can mix 5mm gravel into SLC as a filler and it works fine. Just make sure you’ve got a method of working out the levels as it doesn’t flow like SLC should. 

I have just done something very similar, I mixed a mixer full of strong 3:1 sharp sand and cement, I then mixed a bag full of self levelling compound in a big bucket with a whisk , I then added the two together 

it did what I wanted perfectly, why not have a play with a few different mixes to see how it works for you. 

£10 for a bag is worth a couple of try’s 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I think mentioned in a previous post

I used grano on an extension I built on our current home To match to the exsosting ashfelt About 25 mil down to ten It set like iron 

I tiled it as one floor about six years ago Still perfect 

6 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

So it didn't set like concrete then ? ??

Fantastic stuff

years ago before the readymix screed We used to through a spade full in each mix when we where screening floors