Why should I use Durisol or why some other type

27 minutes ago, Alexphd1 said:

Have a look on you tube and search kishorn insulation, it's a promotional video but pretty good (No comnection)

I am not 100% sure on how good it is for decremantal delay but I believe it's somewhere in between blown cellulose and pir. Also the added benefit you it's pretty good for air tightness.

looked  ideal for refurb  of old building to bung up all the air leaks ,looked at this type before  for exsisiting house,but not something you can DIY

when iasked for costings its costs about same as pur foam but gets into all the nooks and crannies that most builders  will not take the time to do or realistically cannot get to on an exsisting building.

so yes for an old building and refurb ideal solution 

Ive seen stables use it on the old roofs from underneath to stick all the slates together --great for that  also stops the corrosion of the beams by hot horse Pee fumes

Edited by scottishjohn

Installed cost is similar to purchase cost of pir/pur. You can DIY, because we are! We are splitting the cost of machines between myself and father (2x builds). Cost ways we are away ahead but I believe we are getting a good product at the end of the day! 

3 minutes ago, Alexphd1 said:

Installed cost is similar to purchase cost of pir/pur. You can DIY, because we are! We are splitting the cost of machines between myself and father (2x builds). Cost ways we are away ahead but I believe we are getting a good product at the end of the day! 

how much was the machine? about £10k?-then drums of stuff 

attach  link please

you will need nearly twice as much to get same U value for open cell as pur sheet with foil backing 

Your figure are pretty close. Think 380mm approx 0.1u. The graco agent in Leeds  we bought the machine from had a few 2nd hands one aswell for a few £k less. Getting open cell bba certified foam is tricky,  plenty non certified but there is a few suppliers going through bba at the moment. 

This is not a easy option, lot of time involved researching etc. 

22 hours ago, Alexphd1 said:

Your figure are pretty close. Think 380mm approx 0.1u. The graco agent in Leeds  we bought the machine from had a few 2nd hands one aswell for a few £k less. Getting open cell bba certified foam is tricky,  plenty non certified but there is a few suppliers going through bba at the moment. 

This is not a easy option, lot of time involved researching etc. 

can you copy any info on the machines -please

29 minutes ago, Alexphd1 said:

Sorry 4 delay. It's a graco a-25 from sprayplant2k. It's 3 phase machine and it needs a pretty decent air supply. There are single phase machine but 3 phase are more common so I hoped it would be easier to sell when finished.

looking at that machine its lot of money even for doing 2 houses --what were you quoted for them to do it ?

-considering i asked local frim and they said it works out about same cost as buying foam panels +labour to fit them --doing it with your own labour+sheet insulation is way cheaper

maybe a copromise get the small diy foam kits and spray all the nasty bits  ,then insulate with foam or rock wool batts ?

thinki migth be tempted  to find how much the airtightness  test equip is - to buy or rent -then use above method to get it airtight before dry wall etc 

Edited by scottishjohn