Toilet waste pipe through concrete floor

Sjk

Hi all,

I have a concern I have been thinking about for a while, so would be appreciated to have someone else's view.

If all goes well I'll be starting my new build very soon, I'm going over all the details at the moment.

I had planned on the downstairs loo being on the same wall as the bathrooms upstairs, makes sense really. However, this means the living room and the kitchen will be separated by the loo. I'm thinking a much better idea would be to have it on the opposite wall so I can have an open plan living, dining and kitchen area. This means the loo will be on the wall which the drive way is on, if the waste pipe is sticking out I'm concerned it will make parking harder, causing either damage to the pipe or we will be tripping up over it.

Would it be possible to have the waste pipe go under the house so it does not obstruct the driveway?

Many thanks

Ive attached a VERY rough drawing, if it helps

Edited by Sjk

Yes.  You put the 100mm waste pipe in when you are doing the foundations.  It will come up through the concrete in what ever position you want to have the toilet.  Just  measure and measure and then measure again before any concrete is poured. 

The pipe will then go under your floor and out to join up with the rest of your sewage system. 

• Thanks 1

All mine are under the slab its not a problem.  They were a bit out on position after the walls went up so slab had to be hacked out and they were moved a bit.....I would not recommend that so as was said measure and measure again.  Our problem occured because architect plotted them as if they were floor standing pans not wall hung with cisterns in the stud......no one noticed on the drawing and so every one was wrong.

• Thanks 1