New Building in Nottinghamshire

ChrisW

We are just about to begin the planning application for our new house, had a positive pre app response from senior planner on design so fingers crossed for the next three months. Plot is in a high clay area solid for at least 2 meters deep if not more with a hefty load of flints for good measure. Plenty of trees and hedging on site also, hawthorn, plum, pear silver birch so foundations and slab are going to be interesting. Which frame company to go for, what heating style, windows etc. plenty of decisions to make if planning goes our way so will be looking through the posts for help on the way. Anyone else building in Nottinghamshire around Newark or Southwell?

Chris

Welcome Chris, I'm about 40 miles from you, in the Wolds.  I'll be interested to see how you get on - I'm in the process of altering the design, getting services on site and some groundworks done in the meantime so I'm just at the beginning of this journey the same as yourself.

Jamie

Welcome Chris

Deep clay around Newark must put you arround the river somewhere toward Rolleston..?

Good luck with N&S planning ... I’ve seen them u-turn on pre-app before but a good architect will get you through the mire..!