Ian Young

Ian young

Hi,  I am a bricklayer of 40 yrs experience, including 25 yrs of general building works, extensions, bungalows, houses, etc, for a variety of different clients, in both France and Spain.

I, after a long term relationship breakup, live and travel in my motorhome, still working for various clients all over the UK.

I'm happy living this nomadic lifestyle,which gives me both the freedom to work anywhere, and also to see parts of the UK  and Europe i would never have seen. 

Currently based in Canterbury, Kent, and have just finished work for the winter... nice to meet you, Ian.

Hi Ian, this is a forum where others provide help and advice to other forum members rather than a place where people come to seek work, but if you are happy to join in the discussions you are more than welcome ? ??

Welcome Ian,

Big Phil my childhood friend's dad worked as a brickie until his late 60's, I always thought it was a hard shift and only for the tough of old boots variety.

As I recall he still earned more on price rate than anyone and was always his preferred pricing policy...

How are the old bones holding up after 40 years in the trade Ian?

• 1 month later...

thanks for replies and info ,,i hope you all had a good xmas etc,,  I will stay on here if you dont mind,,its all very interesting,even though im not buiding a house for myself!  

Tennent,,my winters are spent ( the past 2 anyway)in canterbury,,but if i have decent years work,spain or portugal is my prefered destination,,im getting too old for the cold !!  lol  

so thanks again all,,and if anyone knows of a selfbuild site i could advertise on,the info would be gratefully recieved !   

All the best and happy new year !  lol  x     Ian (the builder in the bus)