Luxury HMO

Pocster

Right !

I can’t find any paperwork on site .

I asked installer . He said he’d get an instruction manual sent out too me .

Hmmmm . So I asked him for the commissioning checklist . 

His response was this is in the instruction manual .

You all say about his D2 Calcs ( we can guess he hasn’t done any ) . So what / where are all his calcs supposed to be written ??

How can I check How this unit has been registered?

It must be registered yes ??

14 minutes ago, pocster said:

So as he’s joined into the boiler outlet that needs a tundish too ...?? Just double checking 

No he needs to go to the local job centre and apply for his old job back at McDonald's ...

If - and only if - he has resized the D2 to be 22/28mm based on his calcs to allow both the boiler and UVC to vent through the D2, then the boiler needs to run though a 15mm tundish with a cover on (Boiler regs, cover required due to potential for scalding non-potable water) and the initial D1 leg of the UVC needs a 15mm in / 22mm out tundish with no cover on (G3 UVC regs, cover not allowed due to risk of drawing non-potable water into the UVC).

If he is certified to work on both gas and UVC (G3) then he would know all this...

So whilst Billy McPenis has installed a tundish, he's installed the wrong type, in the wrong place, and in contravention of the regs....

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, PeterW said:

No he needs to go to the local job centre and apply for his old job back at McDonald's ...

If - and only if - he has resized the D2 to be 22/28mm based on his calcs to allow both the boiler and UVC to vent through the D2, then the boiler needs to run though a 15mm tundish with a cover on (Boiler regs, cover required due to potential for scalding non-potable water) and the initial D1 leg of the UVC needs a 15mm in / 22mm out tundish with no cover on (G3 UVC regs, cover not allowed due to risk of drawing non-potable water into the UVC).

If he is certified to work on both gas and UVC (G3) then he would know all this...

So whilst Billy McPenis has installed a tundish, he's installed the wrong type, in the wrong place, and in contravention of the regs....

Right!, this goes from bad to worse!

So we assume he has no D2 calc's.

Just so it's clear too me what I need.

Boiler overflow 15mm through closed tundish.

Cylinder overflow 22mm through open tundish

Where both 'overflows' join 28mm to outside

That in essence it?

In order to find someone 'qualified' I'm going to use gas safe list of registered installers. Email them the tundish photo and boiler photo and see if they can see what's wrong.

Best way I can think of getting someone competent.

BTW he hasn't replied to my request for his commissioning list and D2 etc. values....

Edited by pocster

20 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I would be telling him to march AND refund my money he has taken fraudulently or it will end in court.

Then get someone else who actually knows the rules to re do it all.

He's gone. He's finished. I genuinely think he thinks he's done a good job ( bit like my rubber roofer! ). So I don't think he has any intent to de-fraud. I paid the builder the builder paid him. So I'll get this fixed and deduct from what I owe the builder.

• Like 1

So. Picked the first 5 of the list for Bristol.

Sent them 

"

Hi,

I’ve recently had a UVC installed in Horfield.
I believe there are some issues with the installation.
Please find 2 photo’s attached. 1 showing the UVC pipework the other showing the boiler (he didn’t install the boiler).

Because I reckon the installer was a bit of a cowboy I’d like someone who truly is G3 qualified to spot the problem.
Then I have faith in humanity again!

Cheers

"

Let's see who bites! and more importantly with the correct answer!!

34 minutes ago, pocster said:

He's gone. He's finished. I genuinely think he thinks he's done a good job ( bit like my rubber roofer! ). So I don't think he has any intent to de-fraud. I paid the builder the builder paid him. So I'll get this fixed and deduct from what I owe the builder.

I am sure all the "tradesmen" that feature on Rogue Traders believe they are the dogs danglies.

That does not excuse the fact he has done dangerous work and charged you money for it. That in my book is fraud.

It is individuals like this that force the honest traders to have to pay more and more to be certified. 

5 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I am sure all the "tradesmen" that feature on Rogue Traders believe they are the dogs danglies.

That does not excuse the fact he has done dangerous work and charged you money for it. That in my book is fraud.

It is individuals like this that force the honest traders to have to pay more and more to be certified. 

Couldn't agree with you more.

I'll just get it fixed then bill the builder. I think the 'installer' was a mate of the builders hence why builder not interested in getting involved.

I'll get it fixed and get a written statement from the new installer what was wrong and why.

1 minute ago, Nickfromwales said:

Have the builder and the new guy meet so the new guy can list the fcuk ups ;)  Easier for you to get paid ( make uncontested deduction ) then ?

Nah. Emailed builder what I think. Forget about installer. Just checked with gas safe ; no cylinder registration at that address ( though he does have 28 days to submit ).

Of course he'll never submit. How can he?. Either not G3, or fiddled the D2 figure for example.

Got installers reply 

You’re gonna love this @Nickfromwales

I can't remember any details that were written during commissioning as it was a few months ago.
I'll call into the suppliers and ask them for another manufacturers booklet if you can't find it.
I can then fill that one in and meet up with you to hand it over.

7 minutes ago, pocster said:

Installer has replied saying it doesn’t need to be registered as it electrically powered not gas . Asked him 3 times for his license number ......

All getting messy now - like it always does 

It’s even worse then as you HAVE to check that the overheat interlink has been wired correctly in the thermostats otherwise if the stat goes postal, the overheat link won’t trip and you have a electric powered steam bomb.....

Just now, PeterW said:

It’s even worse then as you HAVE to check that the overheat interlink has been wired correctly in the thermostats otherwise if the stat goes postal, the overheat link won’t trip and you have a electric powered steam bomb.....

Sorry @PeterW you are going to have to explain that in precise detail. But first is he G3 or not???? ( I'm guessing not compared to the other random search )

And on the other point, a G3 stat has a pair of stats inside the box. The initial one is a non-resetting limit stat that has a black threaded cap over it. The other is a standard dial next to it. 

You wire it from A to B - through the limit stat and into the dial stat and then into the immersion.

If it’s been wired correctly, the limit stat trips first and then the engineer has to manually check and reset the overheat so the immersion’s can’t run away unchecked. 

20 minutes ago, PeterW said:

He’s not certified to install an Unvented Cylinder to the G3 standard and self certify. 

He can install it but must get it signed off by someone else before it’s commissioned.

End of, its not a legal install. 

Right!. I've just spoke to Gas safe and as usual I'm given the run around. G3 doesn't exist he said ?

But you can have a certificate to say you are qualified to install UVC but not be G3 EH?!!!!; - EHHH!!!