Luxury HMO

Pocster

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, ProDave said:

And how long will it stay that nice?

Only "complaint" is you could have chased the tv wires into the wall.

Not long ?

Yeah TV turned up 'late'. Whats annoying is power is one side of it and AV/HDMI etc. is the other!

32 minutes ago, newhome said:

Looks good? When do people move in? I am trying to visualise those rooms with 50 odd bottles of p*ss on the floor ;). Hope your tenant screening process is better this time :).

TBH I don't have that many tenant issues as a percentage . It's simply I can turn over a lot of tenants in a year. Well CCTV is in all communal spaces - so we can watch the bottles of wee build up!

24 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Don't suppose you can whack some D-Line up.

I could . If it was my home - no cables would be visible .

They’ve got a 50” tv with all the channels and sky sports HD ( not that I care about that ) - are they really going to worry about a few cables ?

Edited by pocster

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pocster said:

4 rooms rented . 2 to go 

Attracting exactly the type of tenants I want ! ?

Single, white females with a penchant for wandering the CCTV covered communal areas in the noddy? ;)

Seriously though well done! 

• Haha 3

• 7 months later...

Well there you go ! Fancy that ! Multiple systems to reduce chance of failure simultaneously and they fail today !

Boiler diverter valve failure ( ain’t it always ) also uvc ( not fed from boiler ) has failed !!! . On the same day !! Coincidence?!?!?!? - 

Well !

Unsurprisingly the guy who installed the uvc has diagnosed the fault and was meant to fix it today .

Whats amazing is I have my automated heating system which shows when someone’s in the room . By coincidence the tenant for the room with uvc is away . Guess what ? No one’s been in - though keys are accessible! . Better yet of course I have Cctv !! / nope can’t see uvc guy !

Thats 1 week tomorrow with no hot showers ...

Guess i’ll Have to give up on his ‘warranty ‘ repair I.e never turn up and pay someone instead ffs !!!

4 minutes ago, ProDave said:

That looks like the immersion heater to me (which will have a thermostat in it)

Being that high up the tank, there are probably 2 of them.

Is this direct or indirect, i.e. is the immersion heater(s) the only thing heating it?

Yes afaik - heated just by electric immersion .

Just now, ProDave said:

Why is the top switch fuse feeding the time switch turned off?

What test equipment do you have e.g a multimeter?

That’s just the way it was installed . So in theory I could boost hot water using the timer - but it seems fine with just 1 element heating . As I pay the electric bill ...

Just now, pocster said:

That’s just the way it was installed . So in theory I could boost hot water using the timer - but it seems fine with just 1 element heating . As I pay the electric bill ...

So I am guessing the bottom switch fuse is the off peak feed feeding the bottom heater?

So that's where you need to look, at the bottom heater.  Turn the switch fuse off, take the cover off. You should see a thermostat. There will be a (often VERY tiny) overheat trip.  If it has popped out, try pushing it in and see if it clicks.

Otherwise you need some test gear.

• Thanks 1

All fixed

Thermostat blown so replaced .

As the 1 thermostat is always on would it be wise to put that on a timer also . My logic being that 1 element cold heat for 12 hours ; turn off ; then the other comes on .

Kind if like spreading the load . Or is that pointless???

11 minutes ago, ProDave said:

The normal arrangement with E7 is to heat the tank with the bottom heater at night on the cheap rate, and have the top heater on a boost timer that you can turn on at any time if you have ran out of hot water.

No E7 i’m Afraid