Glass floored balcony

Pocster

16 minutes ago, pocster said:

After nearly 3 years of looking and thinking about it . Finally gone in . Should be finished tomorrow. As it’s a 6.5m length with no middle supports does tend to unnervingly ‘flex’ .

More pics tomorrow!!

BD78CC2F-D74E-4C60-9255-50F42613C86D.jpeg

Looks good. 

Where's the diving board? Is that above the leaky roof swimming pool? :)

8 minutes ago, Onoff said:

:) Are you going to have any "stenciling" on it etc? Just thinking to stop kids /dogs running into it.

Lol

No bloody kids or dogs are allowed on it. 

The floor is stencilled so you can grip rather than slide . More pics tomorrow 

5 minutes ago, lizzie said:

Is it like the one that goes out over the Grand Canyon......I couldnt cope with a glass floor I'm afraid, no head for even small heights.

Glass floor...guests below...you've just come out of the shower wrapped in a towel...

;)

• Haha 1

Just now, pocster said:

Or my guests have just come out the shower and I’m below - bonus !!! ?

Just figured the reason for the skylights!

Did you position them so guests have no option but to park the car and step out over them?

Uplighters? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Just figured the reason for the skylights!

Did you position them so guests have no option but to park the car and step out over them?

Uplighters? ;)

You’ve finally caught onto my wave length !  

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Are you going to have any "stenciling" on it etc?

The official word used for those, at least in the Scottish building regs, is “manifestations”. Makes me think you have to stencil a ghost or something, which would not be entirely inappropriate.

• Haha 1

Isn't it @NSS who's got the auto darkening windows?

How cool would it be to incorporate that tech in a glass balustrade? Have a pir to trigger pseudo bars or a design if you get too close. A bit like the mesh on the Occulus Rift if you stray too far from the play area.

Edited by Onoff

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Isn't it @NSS who's got the auto darkening windows?

How cool would it be to incorporate that tech in a glass balustrade? Have a pir to trigger pseudo bars or a design if you get too close. A bit like the mesh on the Occulus Rift if you stray too far from the play area.

I intend to have something similar in the walk on skylights as they are above an office come bedroom ........

32 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Looks very sleek although I think I would be scared to use it. Will decoration, repairs or replacement of the cladding be an issue in future?

Lol !

The cladding was a nightmare !

Its T & G - so to remove 1 piece means taking the very highest one off and working your way down !! ( I’ve done this ; so can vouch for the pita ).

Solution is , no one walks on it , no one touches it and no one touches the cladding - apart from that it’s great ? 

Edited by pocster