Onoff

FLYING Car Charge Point!

Presume if you forgot to unplug the extension lead it'd be like one of pre radio control planes on a string!  :)

On the plus side that aircraft looks marginally less lethal than the Aston Martin design that got announced at Farnborough a few years ago. On the down side, the "target" performance specs on their website are one hell of a long way past the state-of-the-art, and there are a number of other somewhat alarming claims on there. Electric aircraft propulsion is very much the Wild West out there at the moment, with every man and his dog proposing new designs, many of which are playing fast-and-loose with the laws of physics - usually obscured with loud claims about "disruptive innovation".

For what it's worth, I'm working on one such aircraft at the moment myself (https://cleantechnica.com/2018/06/26/safran-bell-helicopter-collaborating-on-future-evotl-air-taxi/) and I'm absolutely convinced that it's going to work. Most companies trying to get involved with this don't have a clue just how challenging it's going to be however...

• Like 2