ICF concrete pour

Exactly right, dad.

Reps are full of stories of whole houses being poured in one go - all tosh as far as I'm concerned. If successful, the reward is not to be sniffed at. At least the cost of a pump for a day. £500. Is it wurf it?

For Durisol, there is no hard and fast rule.  But there is a good deal of BullPoo in the stories I have been told, the amount depends on how pissed the story-teller is. 

Ask yourself this question: given the likelihood of a burst, how much concrete are you prepared to lose in one go?

We had four bursts  three at low level, one at 3 meters: every one caused by  a combination of  couldn't-give-a-tossitis and in one case criminally negligent behaviour. Three bursts were minor irritants - they caused half an hour of frenzied activity and we're promptly forgotten. The last one, despite being fully prepared, and having everything to hand (to repair a burst) , caused months of delay: and I came to be grateful for the delay. 

I now know exactly what to look for to prevent Durisol bursts, and so my risk appetite is different to what it was a year ago. Go and watch several pours on builds using your chosen ICF  - you'll learn a huge amount from doing so.

Err on the side of caution: reduce to potential for error to a level which is acceptable to you. Yours is the only relevant opinion.

• Like 2

Go on dad, be a Devil. Go for 2.6 - Dare ya! ?

Seriously: really seriously, on the day of the pump, you get to 2.5 meters - what are you going to do if yer man says, 

"Well there's £300 worth of concrete left in the lorry: want me to dump it " ?

I regularly bless the advice  @TerryE gave -  he suggested digging out  a small pit for the flushing out remnants from the pump ; now got two or three nice little flat work areas which can be kept clean and tidy and ready for a temporary work bench. 

• Like 1