Electric Monitors (Sunamp related content!)

Barney12

Good point, @ProDave I'd forgotten about the 18 kWh of initial charging for the two Sunamps.  Looks like you're DHW demand may well be close to my estimate for ours, at around 3.5 kWh per shower.  Showers dominate DHW for us, as there's barely any other DHW use, other than hand washing etc, which might be around 1 kWh/day at most, I suspect.

Graph of my household power consumption during my shower last night. There was other consumption during the time, of course, but pretty negligible. It's a 7 kW electric, heating directly from the mains cold water.  Integrating from 23:37 to 23:44 gives a total of 2556052 watt·seconds (joules) which converts to 0.71 kWh.

shower.png

51 minutes ago, Ed Davies said:

Graph of my household power consumption during my shower last night. There was other consumption during the time, of course, but pretty negligible. It's a 7 kW electric, heating directly from the mains cold water.  Integrating from 23:37 to 23:44 gives a total of 2556052 watt·seconds (joules) which converts to 0.71 kWh.

shower.png

I will bet our shower flow rate form the UVC is at last 3 times that of a 7KW electric shower

A 7 kW electric shower, with an incoming cold water temperature of 8 deg C, and a shower temperature of 38 deg C, will only give a flow rate of 3.35 litres per minute, so your guess of your shower having a 3 times greater flow rate, @ProDave, is pretty much spot on, I think! 

Electric shower flow rates really are pretty poor, IMHO, although having said that we managed with a 10 kW one for a few years (that would give a flow rate of around 4.785 litres per minute).  The problem is that once you've experienced a shower that flows at around 10 litres per minute or more it's hard to switch back to one with 1/3rd of the flow rate.

• Like 1