Current State of NPPF?

Does anybody know where the government are with progress on the National Planning Policy Framework? (This is England).

I am talking to the Council, and I have just been quoted to from what I think is the Draft Version of the new NPPF. Does anyone know when this will be going active, so I can assess what I need to pay attention to for a Planning Application?

I do  know about our Local Plan - last month it was withdrawn AGAIN, so I think we are still on saved policies from the 2007 one or perhaps the 2002 one, and there does not yet exist an emerging Local Plan, so I think no weight can be attached to ithe new one yet.

Is there any Guidance on how much weight attaches to a Withdrawn Local Plan?

This app will relate to a preferred town-centre use (D2: Leisure) on an industrial estate which needs the time limit of the Use Permission extending, so it could be a bit of a shark-infested custard.

Cheers

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

2 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

I am talking to the Council, and I have just been quoted to from what I think is the Draft Version of the new NPPF. Does anyone know when this will be going active, so I can assess what I need to pay attention to for a Planning Application?

If they can see it then I think you have a right to see it as well, just put in a FOI request and get them to send it to you or the link to the document online.