Who’s been on what?

Gav_P

38 minutes ago, newhome said:

That just illustrates how stupid our planning system is.  You can't get permission to build a properly designed house in your garden, but you can get permission to convert a completely unsuitable redundant water tower into a house.

10 minutes ago, ProDave said:

That just illustrates how stupid our planning system is.  You can't get permission to build a properly designed house in your garden, but you can get permission to convert a completely unsuitable redundant water tower into a house.

Ticks the reutilising brownfields site box and promotes the LA's green commitment. 

2 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

But did she win?

I have thought about that. Want to end the introduction with ‘But I’d rather be a millionaire’.

Eggheads and Pointless seem interesting at present, but I need team members who know about pop music, ‘classic

‘ English Lit,  soap and real operas, film, and football. Sounds like a person with aspirations who didn’t quite make Chiswick, and is now stuck with Corrie, plus a sports nerd. For Eggheads I would need a polymath. Where’s the Good Doctor when you need him?

My favourite performance was an unnamed person on Celebrity Mastermind declaring that Henry VII was after Henry VIII.

Ferdinand

Doctor Murphy would be the ideal candidate, good choice. 

• 1 month later...

Music Time - as a young child.  10 programmes made in the BBC at the White City Studios.  We were next to the Blue Peter studio and they piped the rehearsals into our studio one day when we were there.  It made the day of many 9 year olds I can tell you.  This was in the days of John Noakes, Peter Purvis and Valerie Singleton.  We got to eat in the BBC canteen as well - that was a big highlight. 

Then after we were allowed to watch it on the TV in school when it was broadcast, on one of the TVs with the lockable doors on a very tall wheely stand (with the shaded blackout curtain that stopped glare if the TV was in the sun!  Oh the memories!