My Solar Install

MrMagic

Hi all,

I thought I'd do a little show and tell of my solar installation - a bit of background first, we're currently in the process of arranging a loft conversion (stalled due to party wall issues, but thats a story for another day). As part of this we thought we'd take the opportunity to get solar panels installed on the house roof. I spoke to a few companies but in the end chose Wagner Renewables - they've been mentioned and recommended a few times on the forum. They identified that my shed/office could also hold some panels as the house roof doesn't have the largest area.

So today we had the shed installation done - chaps turned up bright and early, worked well, kept the work area tidy etc. They also identified that we could squeeze another 2 panels on the roof so hopped back in the van and went back to base to grab some more panels. The panels were installed on my shed roof which is EPDM on 18mm OSB. They used a simple bracket system which had neoprene seals and then roofing screws to directly screw in to the OSB - I must admit I'm a little nervous about the water tightness of it but the brackets are all under the panels so hopefully they won't be exposed to too much rain - the system is designed to be used with EPDM.

sol_1.thumb.png.5ad83863290c7df6e028350b4e9a27b3.png

Another chap worked on the interior fit out - installed a Solis 1.5Kw inverter and Tigo gateway and all the cabling.

IMG_20181030_174053.thumb.jpg.507988fbd39d4b6fabba2f3b5253e115.jpg

They are due back tomorrow to complete the electrical works but, so far, so good, very happy with the install.. hope it works! Once the loft conversion is underway we've got another 7 panels to get up on the main roof so the final system will be 13 x 300w panels - 3.9kWp

Edit - just to add, I'm not connected to these guys in any way, just a normal customer.

Edited by MrMagic
Added disclaimer
  • Like 1