Central Heating Boiler and Aga Cooker

Weegaz

Hi guys,

I have some queries being well answered in another post and thought I would expand on the issue relating to the boiler and the include the AGA cooker.

My parents house, approx 50 years old, is in need of a bit of repair and re-jigging.

The current condensing boiler is located in the garage approx 50m from the house, the pipes run from the garage to the house, when it’s frosty or there is snow on the ground there is a path melted where the heating pipes are located below the surface. The pipes where to be lagged before the driveway at the back was asphalted but this never happened, digging and lagging pipes won’t be an option.

They currently have an Nobel cooker (version of AGA cooker) which heats the hot water to about 3000 degrees. Seriously hot, scald marks to prove.

Q1:- is it possible to move the boiler to an external wall at house and connect into the closest radiator, thus decreasing heat loss from the garage to house?

Q2:- the current cooker heats the hot water, great when 5 adults in the house but now with 2 no need for large quantity of water, could the system be setup to dump excess hot water into heating system?

Q3:- cooker may be replaced soon, should they loook at one that gives heating to and go away with boiler. The cooker runs 24/7 363 days (turned off 2 days for servicing)

Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

thanks guys