Latest concrete house on grand designs.

MikeSharp01

1 hour ago, Mr Punter said:

I think if the concrete had been better detailed and executed it would have looked OK, but that is very difficult and expensive to achieve.  A feature wall or corridor internally may have worked better.  The ceilings looked like those at @pocster's place!

The finish from the shuttering was poor.  I am not sure if the formwork contractor had used the system before but I was not impressed with them.  I have seen some excellent concrete work.  They could have had timber plank pattern or exposed aggregate.  A fail.

??????????

On 25/10/2018 at 09:46, jack said:

In fact, the external design for our house was very much inspired by that building (not that they look at all similar!)

Do you pics of your build somewhere? I’d be interested to see something non-conventional built by a real person rather than an architect on GD!

1 minute ago, Gav_P said:

Do you pics of your build somewhere? I’d be interested to see something non-conventional built by a real person rather than an architect on GD!

Bit shy about posting them on the forum, but I'll PM you some shortly.

To be fair, the house layout was largely designed by an architect, but I couldn't get on with the external looks he was coming up with (just a matter of personal taste), so the exterior design is mine.

6 minutes ago, jack said:

To be fair, the house layout was largely designed by an architect, but I couldn't get on with the external looks he was coming up with (just a matter of personal taste), so the exterior design is mine.

Exactly this issue I had. 3 architects and no imagination. Typically the LA kept restricting things so we ended up with a standard box! ?