Is this enough detail for quotes?

Roz

Hi there everyone, 

We got our planning permission through a few days ago (yay!), and we have some drawings from the engineer, so I think we can start trying to get some builders interested in quoting for getting our little barn and extension to watertight shell. I've attached a screenshot of the spreadsheet we've started and were thinking of sending to builders to quote through. Obviously we'll meet them at site etc but if we send this is gives a list of the things we'd like them to get done for this initial phase. Is this too simplistic? It's a small project so didn't want to go overboard. I might have missed some things. 

Thanks for your thoughts!

Roz

Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 18.42.35.png

43 minutes ago, Roz said:

Hi there everyone, 

We got our planning permission through a few days ago (yay!), and we have some drawings from the engineer, so I think we can start trying to get some builders interested in quoting for getting our little barn and extension to watertight shell. I've attached a screenshot of the spreadsheet we've started and were thinking of sending to builders to quote through. Obviously we'll meet them at site etc but if we send this is gives a list of the things we'd like them to get done for this initial phase. Is this too simplistic? It's a small project so didn't want to go overboard. I might have missed some things. 

Thanks for your thoughts!

Roz

Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 18.42.35.png

Quik answer is no

Yiu need to send out a copy of your drawings

and a working drawing if possible 

Showing all dimensions ceiling heights etc

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, nod said:

Quik answer is no

Yiu need to send out a copy of your drawings

and a working drawing if possible 

Showing all dimensions ceiling heights etc

Hi nod, yes we'll be sending the drawings from the structural engineer with all of the detail on it like joist size, beam size, ceiling height, foundation and slab spec etc. Just wondering if this sheet would be OK to get the actual quote broken down. 

Edited by Roz

image.thumb.png.1615e77364cd987cf05a3685e6813688.png

Looks good to me - I have attached a screen shot of what I sent though along with all the relevant drawings etc. It seemed to work for me and proved to be the basis of what we have worked with since. The end column was for them to price up the various elements of that section of the project. the tabs at the bottom worked through the whole project in a similar vein.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roz said:

Hi nod, yes we'll be sending the drawings from the structural engineer with all of the detail on it like joist size, beam size, ceiling height, foundation and slab spec etc. Just wondering if this sheet would be OK to get the actual quote broken down. 

Hi 

if you have a drawing to accompany the sheet It will be fine

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Redoctober said:

image.thumb.png.1615e77364cd987cf05a3685e6813688.png

Looks good to me - I have attached a screen shot of what I sent though along with all the relevant drawings etc. It seemed to work for me and proved to be the basis of what we have worked with since. The end column was for them to price up the various elements of that section of the project. the tabs at the bottom worked through the whole project in a similar vein.

Super detail! Ours doesn't come close to that ?

• Thanks 1