Newbies from Central Scotland

Jenjen

Hi

Since finding a potential plot of land, I've been a bit of a lurker on here for the past few months trying to work out whether a self-build journey is something my husband and I are brave and crazy enough to embark upon.....    We are in the middle of the legals on the plot as I type and we have received draft plans from our architect. All going well we hope to commence our build, a 2 storey (potential to do a third floor in the future) 4 bedroom, modern timber frame house of around 300sqm (based on draft plans) in Spring 2019. Feeling crazy, excited and entirely overwhelmed and we are only just getting started!

I know we will have millions of questions along the journey which is why i'm so happy to have stumbled across this forum. Hopefully my ability to answer other people's questions and chip-in bits of advice will grow as our project progresses!

Edited by Jenjen
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jenjen said:

[...]

Feeling crazy, excited and entirely overwhelmed and we are only just getting started!

[...]

Enjoy that while you can. Harness it. Store it. Bottle it. You'll need to drink from that bottle later. One sip at a time.

In the meantime, welcome.

• Like 1

Welcome to the crazy world of self build. Exciting, challenging, sometimes terrifying, and a journey not many choose to take. You are among like minded folk here though. Read lots of threads, ask lots of questions; you are fortunate to have found this forum right at the start. Remember, there are no dumb questions here. 

• Like 1