Changes after planning permission

Sjk

I'm a really indecisive person, I change my mind and tinker with things all the time, there must be others like this on here.

My concern is and I know this will happen, say I want to

change the style of the window,

the rear doors leading into the garden, or

maybe some minor exterior detailing

small changes to materials

etc

How do you deal with changes as you go along? It would be painful to tell the planning officer every time, delays have been bad enough as it is! Do you just go ahead with it and try to get the changes signed off at the end? I'd go for this approach but being in a conservation area I think it will make it much trickier.

Depends what you want to do and what was agreed. Have you got down to specific detail in the PP that says stuff such as “timber windows painted white with glazing bars” as changing those to an anthracite alu clad in pale green is going to be a problem. 

Materials are usually a reserved item anyway where the council will want samples - that’s something that will need you to go back and unfortunately it’s the time to approve (up to 8 weeks) that will cause you the issue. 

Sounds like your PP needs to be detailed

enough to get through, but loose enough for variation ..! 

• Thanks 1

As far as I’m aware the PP isn’t that detailed, but we are at the stage of choosing materials, so it’s decision time! The problem is I know I will want to change and update things as I go.