Graven Hill

Dean

We're interested in buying a plot at Graven Hill, so it would be good to meet other like-minded self builders. We're trying to blog about our build at www.deanandhannah.com, - we try to post there with any updates we have, so feel free to drop by and say hello. So far we're still waiting for plot details to be released, but we're optimists so hoping for news soon!

Dean & Hannah

Edited by Dean

Build It Live in Bicester (11th-12th June) is being held in association with Graven Hill, so fingers crossed we'll get some more information about plots (but we've said that before!). I think the entrance fee is normally £12, but try this link (http://builditlive.co.uk/fbdstr16/) for free tickets.

D

Edited by Dean

• 3 weeks later...

Haha - still a glimmer of hope Corrine :)

Unfortunately we can't make it on the Saturday (antenatal class, so couldn't get out of that one!), so will be there on the Sunday instead. Apparently they will be identifying the available plots, with Cherwell residents able to reserve from 11th July. We've heard it all before though...

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if you have seen the other post on Graven Hill

I have been in conversation about the recent email sent out as it seemed to give the impression that the plots were open to anyone after 22nd Aug yet Cherwell residents and workers could not get access to price and full details till then too.  I complained and it has been clarified that only Cherwell residents can reserve plots,e  ven after 22nd Aug, for a short period of time.  Are you thinking of going for any of the first 10 plots?  I was concerned about the closeness of the A41 road as thats a very busy road. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Corrine, 

Yes, they confirmed when I phoned last week that there should be a 4 week period after 22nd August for Cherwell residence to have priority on plot registration. I'm still not sure what happens if they feel that there is insufficient demand from Cherwell though - presumably if there's no interest they will just go straight to opening it up to everyone. 

We're interested in the first batch, but as ever, all depends on the price. I'm a bit nervous about house prices following all the Brexit malarkey, so I suppose it could make sense to just wait another year or so and see what happens. It's a 10 year project after all, so no hurry...

D

• 6 months later...

Hi all.

We're doing a renovation at the moment down the road in Buckinghamshire... but have our names down for a Grave Hill plot. Confirmed with them recently that we want to stay on the list. We won't be looking for a while yet, as need to finish this project (start and finish!!) and will be tied into current mortgage for a couple of years. But still keen in principle after that. 

Very interested to stay in touch with others also looking at Graven Hill. One of the things that appeals to us is that there will be like-minded people there.

4 hours ago, oldcoop said:

Hi all.

We're doing a renovation at the moment down the road in Buckinghamshire... but have our names down for a Grave Hill plot. Confirmed with them recently that we want to stay on the list. We won't be looking for a while yet, as need to finish this project (start and finish!!) and will be tied into current mortgage for a couple of years. But still keen in principle after that. 

Very interested to stay in touch with others also looking at Graven Hill. One of the things that appeals to us is that there will be like-minded people there.

If you havent already, take a look at Dean's Facebook page for Graven Hill.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/787895734689918/?ref=bookmarks