Hi! First timer from Fort William

ClaireP

Hi All,

Myself and my other half have just bought our plot of land outside of Fort William in the Scottish Highlands and are about to undertake our first new build. It’s all very exciting, stressful, mind boggling and a tad overwhelming but we’re looking forward to embarking on the project.

Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better and tapping in to the vast wealth of knowledge, experience, advice and support from the members here. But, more than anything, I’m looking forward to being able to speak to others who have gone through or are going through the process themselves, sharing my own experiences and hopefully keeping some of my sanity ?

Thanks guys

Claire

• Like 1

G’day Claire, just south of you near Oban. Spent a lot of time in the Fort  William area when I was younger, climbing, running, canoeing etc. Favourite spot would be just south of you in Glencoe.... the  Clachaig Inn after  charging along the Aonach Eagach Ridge..... welcome to Buildhub. 

7 minutes ago, Cpd said:

G’day Claire, just south of you near Oban. Spent a lot of time in the Fort  William area when I was younger, climbing, running, canoeing etc. Favourite spot would be just south of you in Glencoe.... the  Clachaig Inn after  charging along the Aonach Eagach Ridge..... welcome to Buildhub. 

Ah that's a hill walkers rite of passage that one.

I never managed to visit the Clachaig as a passenger, always the driver.

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

Ah that's a hill walkers rite of passage that one.

I never managed to visit the Clachaig as a passenger, always the driver.

Done it numerous times, and ran it twice  (the bits you can run) usually in my  Landy so park close and sleep in that, there is also a wee spot to camp.... but you need to be in the know of where it is.....