PP condition - Turning areas within curtilage

Moonshine

My local authority will likely put a condition on any application that vehicles are able to enter and exit the site a curtilage in a forward gear to provide a safe and suitable access.

They refer to only one turning layout in guidance notice, such as the one below;

driveway-dimensions-image-result-for-are

I am interested if there is any potential departure from this arrangement, and how i would go about proving an alternative solution can work?

This subject interests me and I wonder if the lower reversing maneuver could begin before a car has fully exited a garage.

BTW you could point out that the diagram provided by the council depicts the car executing a magic pirouette at one point judging by the strange reversal of the car's bonnet.  

Edited by epsilonGreedy

3 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

There are several ways to skin this particular cat, and you don't have to follow the hammerhead that's often suggested by planners.  There are some innovative solutions for really tight spaces, like turntables: http://www.carturntables.co.uk/products/domestic-car-turntables.html

I had seen those, but that would be a last ditch solution to fall back on. I want to see if i can provide enough area in a 'non-standard' area, and even the guidance i gave could be adopted with some compromise.

I just arranged the position of the garage on the site so that the entrance to it could be used as a turning space.  It's a bit tight, and on a slope, but Highways were OK with it in the end.  What I didn't want to do was take up more of the already small garden with a parking/turning area, and I wanted to try and best use limited space at the front of the house for both parking and as access, not helped by the EA insisting that the house had to be so high above the lane, which made the gradients a bit steep.