Lead finishing - roof

Hi - As you can see from the attached photos, the builders are currently finishing off the stone work above the single storey roof. Is the lead finishing acceptable?

The only reason I ask is in my naive thinking, I am concerned that the rain may get in between the stone work and lead, which in turn may cause long term issues. Am I worrying unnecessarily?

There is an overhang similar to that on the gable end of the single storey roof.

DSC01218.JPG

DSC01214_(2).JPG

DSC01217.JPG

That looks totally wrong to me. The lead should go on before the stone. They look to have put the lead over the face of the stone, and water will run into that gap.

That is the way you do it if you are then going to cover it with render.

• Thanks 1

Should be a lead tray built in as they went up. 

Or you run a Saw up and push the lead into the cut. Then seal it up.

What's there won't do jack to stop any rain running down the wall to the room below. Don't accept a slap of silicone or lead mate to patch it in.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Should be a lead tray built in as they went up. 

Or you run a Saw up and push the lead into the cut. Then seal it up.

What's there won't do jack to stop any rain running down the wall to the room below. Don't accept a slap of silicone or lead mate to patch it in.

Many thanks. I will mention this tomorrow - it's the old adage " if something doesn't look right, it probably isn't" Cheers.

9 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Should you not have a cavity tray in that location and weep holes??

Thanks @Russell Griffiths - there is what I believe is a weep hole in the second image down on the second course of stone up from the bottom. These are located throughout the stone so I happy with that, if indeed they are weep holes! ?